Monday, March 21, 2011

Play-Dough

The office is coming along. I think it will still take a few more days to put back in order. The work might be faster if I didn't get distracted by little people wanting to play! They have a crazy power over me, some of the time! Today we made Kool-Aid play dough!! The recipe followed can be found HERE. It is a lot like the recipe my Grandma used, but it makes a smaller batch and uses kool-aid as the coloring instead of whatever dye she had around! The kids LOVED picking out their colors and I think it smells pretty darn good.

Wa picked out Berry Blue Kool-Aid and Kiki wanted red, so we made Strawberry, which turned out an odd red shade. We might try Cherry for red and see what that turns into. Of course, I only had enough salt to make one batch, so Farmer Stone had to run to his mom's house and borrow 1/2 cup of salt so we could make two batches and keep peace in the house! Next time we make play dough I plan to have several more color options. I have a feeling the yellow and green are going to be very bright!

The dough isn't quite as smooth as my old recipe, but the kids don't seem to care so I am not going to worry about it! They both had a crazy good time playing with it!

This is Kiki showing off the play dough for mommy. By the time I thought of taking a picture Wa was done playing and had no time for posing in a picture! (Please ignore the plastic storage tubs in the background. We are trying to make room in the basement for the kids to have a room and that means I have to move, sort and give away all of my baby girl clothes. Sad times.)

P.S. The recipe site says, "This recipe is 100% edible and can be eaten immediately." I tried it and it tastes horrible. I am glad it is safe for them, but I can't imagine anyone liking the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment