Saturday, March 12, 2011

No New Projects

Tonight, while looking around my office/sewing room/storage room, I realized I have no space. Okay, so I have always known this, but I have gotten very good at ignoring that little fact. I couldn't use my sewing table if I wanted to. It is covered and stacked so high it looks like something off of the show Hoarders. I decided I should try to reorganize, because I am crazy. A startling and annoying fact has become VERY clear. I have WAY to many projects started and I just keep adding to my list of things I want to do.

As of right now, I have found and counted 35 projects that I have started and not finished. Some are little projects (make 3 fairy wands), some are big (make a quilt) and some are really on-going but would be best if I actually kept up to date on them (pictures).

I have at least 10 started, but not finished quilts. Some are piles of fabric, some are cut out, some need quilted and bound and a few I need to find more fabric to finish. WHY? What am I doing to myself? I started Quiet Books for my kids and have several pages done, but I didn't finish them. There is SO much more. My unfinished projects are taking up a LOT of room here.

I made a list of all of the projects and I now going to go through and see if I have the necessary items to finish the projects. If I don't have the "stuff," I am adding it to my shopping list. I am going to try and finish as many projects as I can over the rest of the year. My hope is that I can clear out some space and actually see the top of my sewing table. Magically, maybe even use it for its original purpose. The very idea makes me a little giddy!

Long story short, I am not going to allow myself to start another new project until I finish the projects that I already have. Well, except for the on-going ones. I am never going to finish pictures or make enough home-made cards to last a life-time. Of course, I will continue to Blog stalk other people and I am going to start keeping a file or list or something of all of their fantastic ideas, so I am all ready to go when I do get this STUFF done!

No comments:

Post a Comment