Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ducky's Baby Quilt

As previously mentioned, my baby sister had a baby boy. (FYI, my Baby Sister isn't a baby anymore, but I think a part of me will always see her as "My Baby!") Little Ducky is the cutest little fella and my kids LOVE him. Of course, this post is not about how cute my nephew is or how nice it is to see my children loving him up! Although, I think I should share a couple of pictures :)



I made a quilt for my sister and her little Duckling and it is actually FINISHED! The pattern is from McCall's Quick Quilts Magazine, the July 2008 issue. It is called Wiggle Worms, but my babies call it The Snakes. It isn't really a baby quilt, but is more a toddler/playtime quilt as it is pretty big. It was fast and pretty easy to make. I cheated and tied it instead of hand quilting it because I may or may not have waited a wee bit to long to start it. Actually, I started during the last week of January, finished on February 19th and that little guy came right on his due date, March 4th. I know I cut it a bit close, but that is how i roll!


I hope they both like it and actually get some use out of it!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! My son will be getting a twin bed soon and twin blankets are in short supply around here. He would love one like this...made bigger of course. I'm going to add this to my "To Do" page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! It really is a very easy and fast quilt and it turns out adorable. My children LOVED it and were very sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete